COMMUNITIES ARE NOT FOR SALE!
Why CETA is a bad deal for communities
Canada and the European Union are negotiating a new Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and negotiations have been quietly taking place behind closed doors.
If CETA is signed it will:
• Threaten our local democracy by putting corporate rights first
• Encourage privatization of drinking water and wastewater services
• Threaten local job creation and “buy-local” policies
• Cause prescription drug costs to skyrocket by at least $2.8 billion per year
• Allow big corporations to ignore or challenge environmental regulation
Let’s work together to stop this deal!
This event is part of a cross-country tour with the Council of Canadians and CUPE.
cupe.ca – canadians.org – 1-800-387-7177
Wednesday, October 12 @ 7 pm
Auditorium – Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
Maude Barlow – National Chairperson, Council of Canadians
Paul Moist - National President, Canadian Union of Public Employees